Friday, June 4, 2010

Chapter 2

I had seen her so many times before, but it was normally only in Pittsburgh. What are the chances that I bought a house beside hers a half an hour away from the city? Unreal.

I had never really talked to her much, because my girlfriend would always get insanely jealous when I talked to another woman that was not her or her girlfriends. But we are over now and what she thinks does not matter to me anymore. Besides she would rather be with her ‘girlfriend’ who had always seemed to be with us. I can’t believe I hadn’t noticed that there was something more between them besides being ‘close friends’.

I looked down at her. Her dark brown hair falling into her deep green eyes; that have gone wide with surprise. I couldn’t help but chuckle at the expression she was wearing. She snapped out of her daze, squinted her eyes and pursed her lips at m. She was obviously not amused that I had laughed at her.

“I’m Sorry,” I said “Where are my manners? My name is Eric” I paused “and these are my friends, Max and Jordan. We just moved in next door” I said pointing at my new, no I’m sorry, our new home.

I had only been looking for an apartment but when Jordan broke up with Heather, again, and Max began to get tired of having drunken girls and guys showing up on his doorstep…we decided to all buy a house together, kind of like our own bachelor pad.

“Obviously” She somewhat snapped “and I know who you guys are.” She started to unload her truck again, trying to ignore me, I think…

“Nice truck” I said

“Thanks” she simply said, not looking at me. Her friends started unloading the truck as well.

“So, do you ladies have names?” Max asks from behind me, of course he would.

“I’m Zoe!” the dark haired girl said almost immediately, I could see Max smirking out the corner of my eye. Zoe continued “and this is Kat” pointing to the girl with the red-ish brown hair “and this is Emma” pointing to the blonde “and Alli” pointing to my girl. Well she’s not my girl, but she could be…

I saw Alli shoot Zoe a look that clearly meant ‘Shut Up’. I couldn’t help the smile that crept onto my face, watching Alli react this way. She is feisty, I like it.

“Well its nice to meet you ladies” Max said reaching for each of their hands and kissing the top of them. But when he got to Alli she smacked his hand away and stomped off carrying a box of decorations with her. Jordan, who has been surprisingly quiet the whole time, bursts out laughing at Max getting shut down for the first time in a long time I’m sure. I couldn’t help but laugh as well. She got in the house and slammed the door, which only made Jordan laugh even harder, and Max’s face turn a deep red. The girls started to giggle, joining in on the laughter, causing Max to turn and even deeper red.

When Jordan was able to breath again, he became his normal self. “So ladies, please, tell us what we can do to help you!”

They gave each other some looks, and then Zoe took charge and told us what to do. We carried the boxes up to the porch first before taking them into the house where Alli was. If we hadn’t had our stuff moved into our new house for us we wouldn’t have been able to help these girls. Thank God for that! I really wanted to get to know Alli better..

*Alli’s POV*

Great. Just Great. It’s not like I don’t see enough of Eric Godard and his skanky girlfriend in Pittsburgh before and after all of his games. Now I get to live by them. I’m sure that he will start to ignore me as soon as she gets here.

I have the house all to myself for the next year, since my dad took my mom with him on his business trip. So I will be all by myself in the house, while he will be over there with his girlfriend.

I’m upset, of course I am. Why wouldn’t I be? Luckily I work my best whenever I am upset. So I had the house all decorated and the expensive items locked away safe in no time at all..
I had just finished up when Eric, Jordan and Max came through the door with their hands filled with boxes for the party. I hardly noticed when Max tried to trip the blonde giant or I would have scolded him for the second time today. I didn’t see do anything else but watch when I saw Eric come in. He was nice and sweaty from lifting the boxes, his arm muscles flexing under his fitted white T, some of his tattoos sticking out. I continued to look over him, his hockey ass looking particularly fin in his tight almost black jeans. I was staring, I knew it but when he caught me I still couldn’t look away. He winked at me. Well that snapped me out of it, that guy had some nerve! He had a girlfriend. I had to get away from him and find myself a drink.

2 comments:

  1. I'm giggling... a lot*

    Oh Godsy, you should've known that your girlfriend liked her friend waaaay too much. Remember the Cup picture? Alli is way better for you* :)

    Do I get to be one of these friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well would you like to be Zoe? because she has the hots for Max...and you do as well, no? :)

    ReplyDelete