Thursday, June 3, 2010

Chapter 1

Alli had lived by her grandparents for as long as she can remember. When they told her they were selling their house and moving, lets just say that she was not very understanding about any of it. They were her family and she needed them.

She had threatened them that she would dress up in a KKK or Nazi costume, you know like they did in the movie Stepbrothers, to try and scare away anyone and everyone that looked into buying the house. But that had not fazed them, her grandfather just laid a hand on her shoulder and said "Oh don't worry, we plan on showing the house when you aren't around..." So she had no choice but to sit around and wait. Great.

Their house is adorable, but way to much for someone to take care of if they didn't have the time. So Alli figured she would still have some time to convince them to stay.

And she was right about that, at least for a little while. People did not want to take care of it, and would complain, but at the same time it seemed that everyone wanted to take a look into the perfect little house.

*****

A month or two later and it was the end of Alli's Senior year, she was ecstatic!

She was going to wait a year to head off to college. When she got home she saw a big black SUV and saw some suits jumping back into it. She parked her car and headed over to see her grandparents who were standing outside their house. She got to them just as the SUV was pulling out.

"What was that about?" she asked with a smile plastered on to her face, they were smiling as well, probably as happy as she was about being done with school is what she figured.

"Well Alli, we just sold the house!"

*Alli's POV*

Hol-ly. Shit.

Well I had obviously been mistaken thinking that they were happy for me, but they really did want to get out of this town, and who could really blame them? I guess I should be happy for them, I knew that this was coming sooner or later. But I'm not happy, not at al.

"Well that's..." I paused looking at their faces that were pleading with me to be reasonable about all of this. "that's great you guys." I said giving them both a quick hug and said "But I'll talk to you later, I have some stuff that I need to do" I paused smiling "See you later!"

Of course i have somethings i need to do, I just graduated i need to go out and party especially after this news...i needed to get my mind off of all of this.

*****
Two weeks is all it took to get them moved out and the new neighbors in. They were coming to their "new home" today. Joy. I still don't know who they are...my grandparents won't tell me, and that is kind of upsetting to me.

I'm still pretty upset that they are gone, but hey! maybe now I can totally throw a party...in fact I think I will. Tonight.

Welcome to the neighborhood, eh?

*****
It didn't take long with some help from my friends, to get everything that I needed for this party. Zoe and Emma were both in my monster truck (which was brand new... a present from my grandparents, a graduation present and a way to get me to forgive them for moving away...it kinda worked). We pulled in front of my house with all of the stuff for the party in the back. Kat pulled up behind us in her car with everything we couldn't fit in the truck.

As we were getting out i saw the SUV pull in their driveway. I ignored them, and started to unload the truck, with Zoe and Emma helping. Kat started joined us, and would take care of what was in her car later. I heard the SUV's car doors close and heard feet moving towards us. They probably saw the kegs and are coming over to tell us off for having a party. Great. But if they think a little confrontation will stop this party, they are sadly mistaken.

I keep unloading but see that Zoe, Kat, and Emma have stopped. The feet come to a stop behind me. I don't stop unloading the truck.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" comes a voice from behind me.

I freeze. That deep gruff voice is painfully familiar. But there is no way.

I slowly turn around...

Oh. My. God.

It looks like this summer just got a whole lot more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Is it Goose?? Tell me it's Goose! I mean, I see the 28 in the blog url... but he doesn't have an SUV...

    I want more!

    ReplyDelete